Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dark and Stormy Day

3:30 It's dark outside, and the wind has died down. It is raining like the proverbial cow. If I needed a shower, I could walk outside buck nekkid and go about my business because nobody is out there. If they were, they would be too be too absorbed in whatever weird motivation brought them out.
I thought about going out for the novel experience, but I don't think the novelty is worth leaving the apartment for. I mean my camera would be ruined in a matter of minutes, so what's the point, and I'd just be wading in ankle deep, and deeper, in water that has come flooding up from God knows where. Better to stay put.
5:00 pm rainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrain.
Just what flood ravaged China needs! However, inspiring words are on the way in this piece in the People's Daily newspaper. It's a bit of a WTF piece, but does give a poke at corrupt, greedy city officials.