Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system
immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress
participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the
lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health
care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12.
The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made
all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The
Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then
go home and back to work.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!
It's difficult to tout the wonders of democracy to the citizens of a non democratic society when your government is a corrupt Clown Car that threatens to drive the world economy off a cliff to prove a political point, allows its citizens to continue to get screwed by Big Business, remains involved in pointless wars, can't seem to do anything to help people get back to work in decent jobs, and whores itself to the highest bidder.
By the way, feel free to cut and paste and forward the above to everyone you know.