Friday, January 11, 2013

I Love my Neighbor



Matthew 22:39 ...And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

Last summer, while we were in the US, a new neighbor moved in upstairs.  Although I have never seen this neighbor, I hear her.  In fact I hear her loud and clear.  The reason I can hear her loud and clear is that she is always yelling.  I never hear anyone yelling back, so I can only assume that she is either yelling on the phone, or at her kid.  The kid's room is right above mine, so I enjoy some wonderful one way Chinese drama filtered through concrete.
There does not seem to be a man around.  If there is, he is silent while she hollers.  I imagine that Dad has long since skedaddled.  I don't think any phone conversation with him lasts too long.  It's too easy to hang up when the yelling starts
The kid is pretty silent.  He/she is pretty much cowed.  
I love this neighbor, and I've named her Xiao Ting, which is pronounced shouting, and which means little listen. It may not be a grammatically correct use of the two words, but she does not appear to use her two ears nearly as much as she does her one mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a new post. Woo hoo!